Thursday, June 21, 2012

I Hear the Sound of Abundance of Rain: There Shall be Showers of Blessings

I hear the sound of abundance of rain.  We all have expectations to receive blessings from the only one that can bless, the true and living God.  My attitude today is that it’s time to stretch my faith like never before.   So, I’m digging ditches, making preparation for the rain.  Ecclesiastes tells us that if we regard the wind or the clouds, we may not sow or reap. Ecclesiastes 11:3-6 If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be. He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap. As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all. In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.  And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing. 
So, what shall we do then?  We trust the promises of God.  God promised and so according to his word, I believe that there shall be showers of blessings!  And with these showers of blessings, there is increase.
Ezekiel 24: 26-27 And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.  And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the Lord, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them.
Using what I have in my hand and trusting God that for every deficiency he is all of my sufficiency, I’m digging.  Do I think God will disappoint? NO! Am I anxious about his timing? No!  No matter how long it takes for the showers to arrive, the exercise of building faith in him is worth it all as it proves my love and commitment to him, and his towards me.   Lack of faith produces lack of preparation and lethargy, renewed faith will produce diligent activity and productivity.  But while I prepare what am I to do?  I find it fascinating that before the man of God told the King to fill the valley full of ditches, he called first for a minstrel.  It makes me think that God is looking for me to be singing and praising and worshiping as I make preparation, and before the shower of blessing arrives.  2 Kings 3:15-17 & 20 But now bring me a minstrel. And it came to pass, when the minstrel played, that the hand of the LORD came upon him. 16 And he said, Thus saith the LORD, Make this valley full of ditches. 17For thus saith the LORD, Ye shall not see wind, neither shall ye see rain; yet that valley shall be filled with water, that ye may drink, both ye, and your cattle, and your beasts. 20And it came to pass in the morning, when the meat offering was offered, that, behold, there came water by the way of Edom, and the country was filled with water.
So with today’s offering I’ll say, “Get up! Prepare! Make Ready! Dig Ditches! The rain is coming!”  I Kings 18:41 And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of abundance of rain. Be blessed! -JAL
There Shall Be Showers of Blessing
By Daniel W. Whittle

There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.

There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.

There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!

There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.


No comments:

Post a Comment